Forum

These forums are a place where Dominion content can be created, revised, and eventually published on the Wake up, Meeples blog. They also serve as a place for discussion and feedback for Making Luck: A Dominion Podcast.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Renaissance

I’m sure you’ll do an episode on Renaissance once it’s released, but might you consider one in advance based on the previews? I think there’s lots of interesting stuff based on what we’ve seen so far and I’d love to hear your take on it.

Adam Horton has reacted to this post.
Adam Horton

We will definitely be doing a Renaissance episode with our "first impressions" of the cards.

Unfortunately it's not going to be what you've asked for. Since both Jake and I were pretty involved in playtesting this expansion, we won't be able to publish the episode for a couple of months -- DXV doesn't want playtesters' opinions like this to be out there during the brief time after the expansion where people are discovering things for themselves (that's not to say that we're right about anything, because we will both be wrong about quite a few things! Rather, we have the appearance of being right about lots of things).

So we'll record the episode as soon as the artwork/card images are released and publish it as soon as we get the OK from DXV, which should be in a few months. We already have our ratings prepared for how powerful each thing is from 0 to 10, but it just makes sense to record the episode when we can comment on the art and stuff like that.

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation and I'll look forward to hearing your views in a few months' time. From what I've seen so far I like the expansion overall, especially its relative simplicity.

Yeah sorry it's not the answer you wanted to hear, but we are working on it 😛

I can't say much but I will say this much about the expansion: I've been playtesting since Adventures (so this will be the 4th one I was involved in) and I was most excited about Empires (it remains my favorite Dominion expansion ever) but after Empires, I'm most excited about this one: which includes the first-time boost that Adventures got. I really like what's in this set and I think it's going to go over really well.

Except for Ducat but w/e

That's great to hear. When I first saw Scholar I laughed because all I could think was "This card is draw-to-X on steroids. Adam's going to hate it!"

But maybe you secretly love the card because you imagine all the draw-to-X apologists will get super-excited and buy it far too often and you'll just crush them.

I really hope everything is good with the little man, by the way. I know you weren't getting much sleep, but in the Menagerie episode you seemed to be on good form so I hope that's representative of how it's going in general!

Adam Horton has reacted to this post.
Adam Horton