Forum

These forums are a place where Dominion content can be created, revised, and eventually published on the Wake up, Meeples blog. They also serve as a place for discussion and feedback for Making Luck: A Dominion Podcast.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A few ideas for topics

• Governor seems like the ideal card to focus on for an episode. It's very often a dominant card, but it also has a lot of play to it. I'd be very interested to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Bonus reason is that you could have a long tangent talking about Puerto Rico if you felt like it too.

• I think it would be good to talk about junking vs trashing as well, like how to tell when it's okay to skip junking because the trashing outpaces it and things like that, perhaps focusing on a weaker junker like Sea Hag or IGG where the trashing is often good enough to outpace.

• Another one would be about endgame play, setting up 3-piles and the like. When to Duchy dance and when to break for Province and hope your opponent duds etc.

This seems like a pretty low hanging fruit though so I assume you had this one planned anyway.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Quote from Gazbag on January 21, 2018, 12:09 PM
  • Governor seems like the ideal card to focus on for an episode. It's very often a dominant card, but it also has a lot of play to it. I'd be very interested to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Bonus reason is that you could have a long tangent talking about Puerto Rico if you felt like it too.

Added to the list.

• I think it would be good to talk about junking vs trashing as well, like how to tell when it's okay to skip junking because the trashing outpaces it and things like that, perhaps focusing on a weaker junker like Sea Hag or IGG where the trashing is often good enough to outpace.

So we had a Sea Hag/IGG episode on the list already, and it was going to cover some of this, but I can make a note to say a few words on junking vs. trashing and why these are the exceptions to the rule.

• Another one would be about endgame play, setting up 3-piles and the like. When to Duchy dance and when to break for Province and hope your opponent duds etc.

This seems like a pretty low hanging fruit though so I assume you had this one planned anyway.

Indeed, 2P endgame play is on the list. 2P Endgame play may end up being multiple episodes. I know I want to rethink some things since I made this video, but that video was pretty long and there's potentially a lot more to talk about than what's in it. Surprisingly there isn't that much to say about 3P endgame play.

The fact that you've suggested these two is relevant, though, because we prioritize doing episodes that people have requested (our next episode will be something that was suggested in YouTube comments). If we don't do anything, we'll have enough content to take us through four months of weekly podcasts, so it could have been a while before we got to this.

Gazbag has reacted to this post.
Gazbag

Jo Adam, I'm sneaking in this topic.
I got the question/suggestion "How bad are causing shuffles mid turn?"
My thoughts are the situations, when my current hand can draw 2-3 cards in the new shuffle (still have actions, if I would need it) and I have the feeling around 50%+ of the cards in the discard are none crapper Cards.
I'm not that sure now much that matters in turn 4, but I think later on causing possibly bad shuffles is a great risk.

So I have this video in my tutorial series on the topic. I could add this to the list of mini-topics (topics that don't take up a whole episode) as well.

Adam Horton has reacted to this post.
Adam Horton

Ok, Yeah, your comments on that video answers my question good. The video also helpful.